Sunday, October 10, 2010

Scenery Has Started

After building my modules some 5+ years ago, I've finally started on the scenery. And would you believe, I've been in this hobby for over 25 years and this is the first time I have ever gotten to where I could add scenery and details? So, I haven't actually put anything I've learned over the years in action until now. So, if the work looks flawed, besides the obvious patches you'll see in the pic's, you now know why. My biggest issue was with the plaster cloth soaking up the matte medium, so I'll do another application after the first dries.

The next step will be to add ground cover to my other 3 modules but I have to touch up the ballast after I buy more. Then I will add trees, bushes, pavement, etc.

Here are a few shots I took after bringing the module back in the garage. In the overhead shot, you'll see green on the track, but that was just what came from the top of the hill in the top left corner.

This shows my failed attempt at zip texturing. The yellow powder paint balled up while mixing. I need a sifter, I think.

My first attempt at color washes on plaster castings. And you can see where the ground foam didn't stick.

Transition from the rails is zip texture, earth  and green blend.





Upper right shows where the ground cover didn't stick. Also, where the foam is still bare I will be adding a gas station.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment if you like.